We are blessed by the quality and commitment of the teachers and staff at The Greenhouse. We expect a lot of them in the course of a school year.
The year starts with three weeks of classroom teaching for the August JLS (for home school and The Greenhouse students). Once over and minus the home school kids, teachers now make lesson plans for The Greenhouse kids for the rest of the semester.
Just before the end of the semester, teachers re-do all their lesson plans as the home school kids return to Yaounde for the December JLS. This will include some of the same kids as were here in August, or there may be other home school children. Either way, it’s a change in the social and teaching dynamics of the classroom! And the school day is shorter due to swimming lessons!
Often in January, families will arrive in Yaounde for the first time or will be returning from a furlough. This is yet another change in the social and teaching dynamics of the classroom. The routine stays pretty much the same for the rest of the 3rd quarter.
Fourth quarter of the year is all a jumble! After a 2.5 week Spring Break in March/early April, we have the April JLS with the home school kids. Again, some of the same students and there may be some that we haven’t seen since August…or maybe this is the 3rd JLS they’ve been at this year. Either way, we love having them and the energy and enthusiasm they bring to the classroom.
By the end of the April JLS, there’s only about 5 weeks of school left in The Greenhouse school year. Time to buckle down, finish up, and tie up the loose strings!
The amazing staff for the 2014-15 school year:
- Mary Santos – FES Coordinator/Principal
- DeAnna Anderson – FES Assistant, PE Teacher
- Kay Watts – ERC Manager & Librarian
- Carolyn Partridge – Itinerant Teacher
- Beth Ervin – Kindergarten Teacher, Fall 2014
- Katie Marjorins – Kindergarten Assistant, Fall 2014, Kindergarten Teacher, Spring 2015
- Karen Merry – Grade 1 & 2 Teacher
- Naomi Emberson – Grade 3 & 4 Teacher
- Barbara Lane – Grade 5 & 6 Teacher
- Donna Cox – Music teacher
- Renee Isaac – French Teacher
- Jeff Dangers – ESL Tutor
One thought on “The staff at FES…”
wow… might be time to do an update of the staff page since only ONE of them pictured here are currently on staff